Don’t blame Fenland District Council for Estover homes decision - blame it on the ruling Tory group
I WRITE in response to Councillor Peter Tunley and his planning concerns (February 15).
The Core Strategy was debated at the last Fenland District Council meeting and adopted by the ruling Conservative Group despite the strong objections of the residents from the Estover Area for which there seemed to be total disregard to their concerns.
The Liberal Democrats, proposed by Councillor Gavin Booth and seconded by myself, put forward a counter proposal regarding Estover which was immediately voted down by practically all the Conservative Group present at that meeting, leaving the strategy exactly as it was.
So much for having regard for local people’s wishes. They were given no consideration whatsoever.
So let’s not put the blame on Fenland District Council for the decision but squarely on the ruling group which seems to have lost touch yet again with the wishes and aspirations of the local people.
CLLR DAVID PATRICK
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 5 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 9 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000