Don’t knock volunteer police force
- Credit: Archant
I feel I must complain about Councillor Alan Lay’s letter and his attitude to the Police Community Support Officers (PCSO) in town particularly at the meeting of Wisbech Town Council on April 27.
I don’t think that at times he realises they are unpaid volunteers who give up their time to try and help make our town a better place to be.
Instead of appreciating what they do, he deems it fit to belittle and put down their efforts, and as for predicting a future of anarchy I feel he is completely misguided.
I am sure a lot of people have differing views about policing levels but using PCSO’s as a scapegoat is very unfair.
His quote in relation to the issuing of parking tickets of ‘five per hour equals 40 per six working days which is 240 per week’ would better read ‘five per hour equals 40 per day, over six days equates to 240 per week ‘
You may also want to watch:
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car