Don’t lose out on a school place for your child - get applications in on time say Cambridgeshire County Council
- Credit: Archant
Parents of four-year-olds are being reminded they have only one week left to apply for a primary school place for their child for this September.
If applications are late or they parents do not make an application there is a risk that their child will not be offered a place at one of their preferred schools.
Parents who have a child born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013 must submit an application by the national closing date of Sunday 15 January 2017.
Forms can be completed online at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/admissions up to 11.59pm on the closing date, or by completing a paper application form, which can be obtained from any Cambridgeshire primary school.
Parents choosing to post their applications must ensure these are received by the admissions team at Cambridgeshire County Council by Friday 13 January 2017, the last working day before the closing date.
You may also want to watch:
Parents who submitted an on-time application will receive an offer of a school place on Tuesday 18 April.
Parents whose applications are received between 16 January and 2 May 2017 will receive an offer of a school place on 19 May.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions