Don’t stop me now, If you wanna have a good time (wooh) Just give me a call (alright)
FREDDIE Mercury lookalike Andrew Swindon spent the last day of Movember collecting cash for prostate cancer charities.
Landlord Andrew, who runs the Golden Lion in Stonea, grew a stylish moustache throughout the month - dubbed Movember by a charity movement that encouraged men to “grow a mo to save a bro” - and called his new facial hair “Maurice.”
Dressed as the Queen front man in the famous “I want to break free” video, Andrew and his trusty vacuum cleaner visited friends and local businesses to collect donations, accompanied by his wife Christina.
Ex-policeman Andrew said: “My cousin recently died from cancer at the age of 33, and Christina suffered from skin cancer, so we are always keen to support cancer charities.”
Fund raising at the pub continues tonight the selling of a cake covered in decorative moustaches,
You may also want to watch:
Christina said: “If enough money is pledged, Andrew might even keep the moustache until February, so he can wax it in the style of Hercule Poirot.”
Donations can be made through the pub’s website: http://www.stoneagoldenlion.com/
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire