Donations wanted to help street pride group continue its efforts to improve Fenland town’s appearance
A STREET pride group is appealing for donations from residents and businesses to continue its work in improving a Fenland town’s appearance.
March Street Pride has worked hard to enhance the town by installing floral displays and completing countless other projects such as litter picking. The volunteers have worked in partnership with a number of businesses around the town but now need more help to continue their work.
Jeanette Milner, Fenland District Council’s street pride co-ordinator, said: “The group understand that these are difficult times, but would like to continue to make March a better place.
“All the comments about the flowers last year were very positive and made it a pleasure to go into the town. Sponsors were acknowledged a number of times in the Cambs Times, benefiting from the publicity.
“The new year brings new challenges and March Street Pride need to raise money towards the cost of the plants and maintenance of the displays.
You may also want to watch:
“Their work has been fantastic but they need a bit of help to keep the ball rolling. If you are unable to sponsor a basket, perhaps you could consider a donation towards the cost of planting flowers?”
Hanging baskets cost from �50 and a three-tier planter costs �250. All donations will be used towards the planting of flowers and improving empty buildings such as the former Minstrelz nightclub.
- 1 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 2 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone
- 3 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 4 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 5 Katie Price mistakes BBC Look East presenter for Natalie Cassidy
- 6 Litter pickers find stolen handbag snatched from shopper last year
- 7 Prepare to be ‘as horrified as I was’ says former audit chair
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 10 Walking tours, open days and exhibitions to 'celebrate the Fens'
March picked up a silver award at the annual Anglia in Bloom Awards last year and was crowned the winner of the most improved category.
For more details contact Jeanette Milner at email@example.com. To donate make a cheque payable to March Street Pride and post it to the group’s treasurer at the following address; Mrs Duke, 38 Henson Road, March, Cambs, PE15 8BA.