Donations wanted to help street pride group continue its efforts to improve Fenland town’s appearance
A STREET pride group is appealing for donations from residents and businesses to continue its work in improving a Fenland town’s appearance.
March Street Pride has worked hard to enhance the town by installing floral displays and completing countless other projects such as litter picking. The volunteers have worked in partnership with a number of businesses around the town but now need more help to continue their work.
Jeanette Milner, Fenland District Council’s street pride co-ordinator, said: “The group understand that these are difficult times, but would like to continue to make March a better place.
“All the comments about the flowers last year were very positive and made it a pleasure to go into the town. Sponsors were acknowledged a number of times in the Cambs Times, benefiting from the publicity.
“The new year brings new challenges and March Street Pride need to raise money towards the cost of the plants and maintenance of the displays.
“Their work has been fantastic but they need a bit of help to keep the ball rolling. If you are unable to sponsor a basket, perhaps you could consider a donation towards the cost of planting flowers?”
Hanging baskets cost from �50 and a three-tier planter costs �250. All donations will be used towards the planting of flowers and improving empty buildings such as the former Minstrelz nightclub.
- 1 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 2 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 7 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 8 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
March picked up a silver award at the annual Anglia in Bloom Awards last year and was crowned the winner of the most improved category.
For more details contact Jeanette Milner at email@example.com. To donate make a cheque payable to March Street Pride and post it to the group’s treasurer at the following address; Mrs Duke, 38 Henson Road, March, Cambs, PE15 8BA.