Donations wanted to help street pride group continue its efforts to improve Fenland town’s appearance
A STREET pride group is appealing for donations from residents and businesses to continue its work in improving a Fenland town’s appearance.
March Street Pride has worked hard to enhance the town by installing floral displays and completing countless other projects such as litter picking. The volunteers have worked in partnership with a number of businesses around the town but now need more help to continue their work.
Jeanette Milner, Fenland District Council’s street pride co-ordinator, said: “The group understand that these are difficult times, but would like to continue to make March a better place.
“All the comments about the flowers last year were very positive and made it a pleasure to go into the town. Sponsors were acknowledged a number of times in the Cambs Times, benefiting from the publicity.
“The new year brings new challenges and March Street Pride need to raise money towards the cost of the plants and maintenance of the displays.
“Their work has been fantastic but they need a bit of help to keep the ball rolling. If you are unable to sponsor a basket, perhaps you could consider a donation towards the cost of planting flowers?”
Hanging baskets cost from �50 and a three-tier planter costs �250. All donations will be used towards the planting of flowers and improving empty buildings such as the former Minstrelz nightclub.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 6 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
March picked up a silver award at the annual Anglia in Bloom Awards last year and was crowned the winner of the most improved category.
For more details contact Jeanette Milner at firstname.lastname@example.org. To donate make a cheque payable to March Street Pride and post it to the group’s treasurer at the following address; Mrs Duke, 38 Henson Road, March, Cambs, PE15 8BA.