JOHN Gadsby had taken medication for epilepsy and drunk a bottle of Champagne before he kicked a police officer on Sunday, magistrates heard. Officers went to Gadsby s Chatteris home after reports of an incident. When Gadsby s brother arrived, Gadsby thre
JOHN Gadsby had taken medication for epilepsy and drunk a bottle of Champagne before he kicked a police officer on Sunday, magistrates heard.
Officers went to Gadsby's Chatteris home after reports of an incident. When Gadsby's brother arrived, Gadsby threw a beer can, its contents covering his brother and the police.
Trying to calm him, Pc James Malinowski took hold of Gadsby, and was "donkey kicked" on the leg during a struggle.
Gadsby, 23, of Wenny Estate, admitted assaulting an officer when he appeared at Wisbech courthouse on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Bartlam, defending, said Gadsby should not drink alcohol when he has taken his medication. Before the incident he had an injury to his hand.
"When arrested and his hand was put behind his back, he kicked out. It was reckless rather than intending to so harm to the officer," he said.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
Sentencing was adjourned until August 9 for a report to be prepared.