Dragons’ Den star Theo Paphitis praises Fenland jet-ski ace’s business on Twitter
JET-SKI ace James Bushell is celebrating again - after Dragons’ Den star Theo Paphitis gave his business the seal of approval on Twitter.
The four-time world and five-time European jet ski champion was delighted when 158 Performance in Tallington, the company he runs with business partner Matt Bullock, was praised by the Dragon.
Mr Paphitis chose the company, which specialises in adrenaline inducing machines such as quad bikes and jet skis, as one of his Small Business Sunday winners.
Mr Bullock said: “Getting a mention from someone like Theo, who is so well respected in the business world and has so many followers on social networks, is fantastic news.
“It’s given us a real boost and we’ve had quite a few new followers on Twitter as a result of Theo’s mention.
You may also want to watch:
“As our many loyal customers will know, we have some amazing pieces of kit in our showroom – from jet skis, sports boats and quad bikes through to scooters, Can-Am Spyders and Commanders – which Theo is more than welcome to come and try out as our guest for the day.
“If Theo’s up for the challenge he could even take on our world and European jet ski champion who I’m sure would be happy to put him through his paces on the water.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 9 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
The well-known businessman - a star of the BBC show where entrepreneurs pitch their business ideas to millionaires willing to invest their own cash - invites businesses across the social networking site to contact him as part of his initiative.
He then handpicks six winners each week, ‘retweeting’ them to his more than 200,000 followers.
• Tweet @TheoPaphitis using the hashtag #sbs (Small Business Sunday) to get involved in the businessman’s initiative.
• For more on 158 Performance visit www.158performance.co.uk or follow @158Performance on Twitter.