Dress Daisy the dummy to help East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices reach its charity target
- Credit: Archant
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) has launched a two-week campaign to drive donations to their 21 shops - including its Whittlesey outlet.
Fronted by Daisy, a dummy wearing just a pair of underwear and a #DressMe tag, local people are being asked to keep her warm.
“With a dramatic swing to cold weather around the corner, she’s somewhat of a damsel in distress,” said an EACH spokesman.
“Daisy will be in our shop windows across East Anglia and is hoping residents will ensure she’s warm for winter.
“EACH is on the lookout for both women’s and men’s clothes, as well as furniture and other items, in order to keep its outlets fully stocked.”
You may also want to watch:
Daisy will be in stores until Friday October 28.
Ian Nicolson, EACH head of retail, said: “Our shops are expected to generate £2.5 million a year so we are desperate for donations of clothes and other items.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
“We hope this novel campaign will give us a boost and also allow donors to have fun by sharing their donations via social media using the hashtag #DressMe.
“We’re intrigued to see what types of quirky, unwanted clothing people have sitting in their wardrobes.”
EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk, as well as supporting their families.