Dress to impress - the community have stepped in to donate 66 dresses for the first prom at Facet in March
- Credit: Archant
Glamorous gowns have poured into a college for adults with learning disabilities following an appeal to help make it the centre’s first prom a night to remember.
A total of 66 prom dresses are hanging up ready for the night but now it is time to ask for suits, jackets and ties for men, particularly in larger sizes.
Facet manager Kris Harrold and the team at Marwick Road are rolling out the red carpet next month and are still looking for help from local people to make the event a success.
Mr Harrold said: “We are so grateful for the support. We’ve had room decorations, somebody who specialises in chair covers, a DJ with a light show on the walls and a fun photo booth.
“We still need menswear and prom dresses in larger sizes. The prom is a fantastic opportunity, not only for the students which attend FACET, but also opening up the event to anyone else that would like to join us for what should be a night to remember.
You may also want to watch:
“We want it to have a real glamour feel to it with a red carpet entrance, professional photographers, a DJ with a state of the art disco a bubble machine dance floor and confetti cannons.”
There will be a full licenced bar and a s hog roast which is included in the price of the ticket.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
The prom is on Wednesday July 22 from 6 to 10pm.
If you can help call Facet on 01354-655080.