Dress to impress - the community have stepped in to donate 66 dresses for the first prom at Facet in March
- Credit: Archant
Glamorous gowns have poured into a college for adults with learning disabilities following an appeal to help make it the centre’s first prom a night to remember.
A total of 66 prom dresses are hanging up ready for the night but now it is time to ask for suits, jackets and ties for men, particularly in larger sizes.
Facet manager Kris Harrold and the team at Marwick Road are rolling out the red carpet next month and are still looking for help from local people to make the event a success.
Mr Harrold said: “We are so grateful for the support. We’ve had room decorations, somebody who specialises in chair covers, a DJ with a light show on the walls and a fun photo booth.
“We still need menswear and prom dresses in larger sizes. The prom is a fantastic opportunity, not only for the students which attend FACET, but also opening up the event to anyone else that would like to join us for what should be a night to remember.
You may also want to watch:
“We want it to have a real glamour feel to it with a red carpet entrance, professional photographers, a DJ with a state of the art disco a bubble machine dance floor and confetti cannons.”
There will be a full licenced bar and a s hog roast which is included in the price of the ticket.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
The prom is on Wednesday July 22 from 6 to 10pm.
If you can help call Facet on 01354-655080.