Dress to impress with new shop in March
- Credit: Archant
Glamour and sparkle come to March town centre with the official launch of a designer evening wear shop.
Sue Pyke, owner of Elegance, opened the doors to her new Broad Street store after trading online in rare and celebrity style dresses for the last nine years.
Her most famous customer to date has been Liverpool football player Glen Johnson’s wife and the furthest travelled customer a woman who flew from Norway just to make sure the dress she had fallen in love with online fitted properly.
“We correctly measured her and made sure we sent the right size back home to her in Norway,” said Sue, who is one of just three stores in the UK to stock the popular celebrity dress brand Tarik Ediz.
Other designer lables in store include Jovani, Sherri Hill and rare American brands.
You may also want to watch:
The business was born when Sue moved to the Fens and struggled to find dresses to wear for special occasions.
She was inspired to set up with just a handful of gowns and what began as a small enterprise based within her home grew into a thriving business with people coming to her for prom gowns, pageant dresses and cruise wear.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 7 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
Each piece is individually chosen by Sue who stocks dresses ranging from £99 to £800.
“The people I meet through my work has been fantastic, it is a lovely business to be in,” said Sue.
Elegance Designer Wear is open from Tuesday to Saturdays fro 10-5 in Dartford Road. Other times by appointment by calling Sue on 07745-396201.