Man in his 20s arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after ploughing into Rose and Crown pub in March
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after crashing into a parked car and the Rose and Crown pub in March.
The incident happened at around 8.50pm on Sunday (July 15) outside the pub on St Peter’s Road, March.
A witness, who wishes to remain anonymous, said that the alleged drunk-driver was seen attempting to run away after colliding with the parked car.
Damage has been caused to the outside of the pub.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “We were called at 8.56pm with reports of a collision in St Peter’s Road, March.
You may also want to watch:
“The collision involved two cars and initially blocked the road. No injuries were reported as a result of the incident.
“A man in his 20s was arrested on suspicion of drink driving and remains in custody.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash