Two ‘drink-driving’ arrests over the weekend in Fenland
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been arrested in Fenland over the weekend after they both failed a road side breath test.
One of the drivers was arrested on Station Road, March on Sunday (August 26).
His silver Mercedes was stopped at around 10pm before he blew 87ugs in the road side test. The limit is 35ugs.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “The driver was arrested on suspected drink driving and was taken to the Police Investigation Centre at Kings Lynn.
Another driver was arrested on the A47 Thorney by-pass after they were involved in a crash also on Sunday (August 26).
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened at around 11pm and the driver provided a reading of 94ugs at the road side.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Drink driver arrested, the vehicle was found on the A47 Thorney By-pass (Fenland side) after it had been involved in a road traffic collision.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
“The driver provided a reading of 94ugs at the road side.”