Drive to buy new playground equipment for Fenland pre-school continues on Sunday
EFFORTS to provide youngsters at a Fenland pre-school with new playground equipment will continue at a fundraising event on Sunday.
More than �4,000 has already been raised to help Stepping Stones Pre-School in Leverington buy new outside play equipment such as a toadstall reading area.
The school’s chairman Natalie Clarke says the fun day is the start of a “last major push” to realise her dream of completing the transformation.
She said: “Our outdoor area needs resurfacing with wet pour rubber so it’s a completely safe environment to play in.
“Play is a vital part of being a child and I want to make sure the youngsters who come here get that chance to play at school too.”
Face painting, temporary tattoos and a bouncy castle will be just some of the activities on offer during Sunday’s event.
The event is being held at Leverington Sports and Social Club from 11am-3pm.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 4 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 5 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks