Drive to buy new playground equipment for Fenland pre-school continues on Sunday
EFFORTS to provide youngsters at a Fenland pre-school with new playground equipment will continue at a fundraising event on Sunday.
More than �4,000 has already been raised to help Stepping Stones Pre-School in Leverington buy new outside play equipment such as a toadstall reading area.
The school’s chairman Natalie Clarke says the fun day is the start of a “last major push” to realise her dream of completing the transformation.
She said: “Our outdoor area needs resurfacing with wet pour rubber so it’s a completely safe environment to play in.
“Play is a vital part of being a child and I want to make sure the youngsters who come here get that chance to play at school too.”
You may also want to watch:
Face painting, temporary tattoos and a bouncy castle will be just some of the activities on offer during Sunday’s event.
The event is being held at Leverington Sports and Social Club from 11am-3pm.
- 1 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 2 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone
- 5 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 6 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 7 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’