Driver arrested after vehicle crashes through Wisbech shop window
A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and dangerous driving after a vehicle crashed through a Wisbech shop window last night.
The 20-year-old driver has been arrested and bailed after the incident, which happened shortly after 9pm in South Brink.
A vehicle smashed through the six-foot front window of estate agent Maxey Grounds & Co, next to the White Lion Hotel. An off-duty police officer saw the crash and alerted the emergency services.
Inspector Terry Furlong, from Cambridgeshire Police, said the incident had involved three vehicles, including a grey Mercedes C240 Sport and a green Land Rover. Nobody is thought to have been injured in the crash.
The shop window has this morning been boarded up and the building has been assessed for structural damage.
You may also want to watch:
Police are continuing to investigate and anyone who witnessed the incident should contact them on 101.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told