Driver arrested for being under the influence of drugs during crash on A141 at Wimblington
- Credit: Archant
A motorist was arrested on suspicion of driving whilst under the influence of drugs after a crash on the A141.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the collision between two cars on the A141 Isle of Ely Way at Wimblington on Monday.
The crash happened at about 2.50am near the junction with Manea Road.
It involved a silver BMW coupe and a black Kia. The driver of the Toyota, a man in his 60, suffered slight injuries and was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
The driver of the BMW, 28-year-old man from Chatteris, was arrested on suspicion of driving while under the influence of drugs and dangerous driving and released on bail.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who saw the collision or either vehicle involved just prior.
Anyone with information should contact PC Jim Norton at the road policing unit on 101.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire