Driver behind wheel while banned
BANNED driver Simon Aldridge was taking his partner s car out for a test drive on Saturday when police spotted him driving past and trying to cover his face, magistrates heard. Aldridge, who was banned from the road for six months in April, stopped at a s
BANNED driver Simon Aldridge was taking his partner's car out for a test drive on Saturday when police spotted him driving past and trying to cover his face, magistrates heard.
Aldridge, who was banned from the road for six months in April, stopped at a shop, and later admitted he had no permission to drive the Ford Escort.
"He drove it about 50 to 100 yards to see what he had done had fixed it," solicitor Anita Waterman explained to Fenland magistrates. "He intended to drive around the block to make sure everything was in working order."
Aldridge, 28, of Robingoodfellows Lane, March, did not accept he had been trying to hide his identity by covering his face, she added. He had been turning his head to check the safety of a junction.
You may also want to watch:
After Aldridge admitted driving when disqualified, taking a vehicle without the owner's permission and driving without insurance, he was fined a total of £300, with £60 costs and a £15 surcharge. A new 12-month driving ban was imposed.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire