Driver cut free from wreckage after two cars collide on B1443 in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Supplied/CambsFRS
A driver had to be cut free from a wreckage after two cars collided on a busy Cambridgeshire road this morning (January 23).
A blue Audi and black Volkswagen collided on the B1443 at Masons Bridge during rush hour and two crews were forced to attend the scene.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "At 9.20am one crew from Dogsthorpe and one crew Stanground were called to a road traffic collision on the B1443.
"On arrival firefighters found a collision involving two vehicles.
"Using specialist cutting equipment, crews released one casualty, with a second casualty already out prior to the crews arrival. Both casualties were left in the care of the Ambulance service.
You may also want to watch:
"Crews returned to their stations by 10.20am."
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 3 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept