Driver failed to stop after collision
- Credit: Archant
POLICE want to trace the driver of a car which failed to stop after being in a collision in Wisbech.
The collision between the car and a moped occurred in Mount Pleasant Road, at the junction with Southwell Road, at about 5.20pm yesterday (Thursday 29).
The driver of the moped, a 41-year-old man, suffered serious injuries and was taken to hospital where he remains in a serious condition.
The vehicle involved, a white BMW 325 CI, then crashed into a garden and the driver made off, leaving the car behind.
The car has been seized for forensic examination.
You may also want to watch:
PC Mick Lippiatt, investigating, said: “We are urging the driver to get in touch to help us establish how this collision occurred.
“I would also like to hear from anyone who may have seen this collision take place or saw the vehicles in the moments leading up to it.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
Anyone with any information should call PC Lippiatt at the roads policing unit on 101.