Driver is sought by police after leaving a trail of destruction along Church Road Emneth
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a driver who left a trail of destruction along a Fenland road on this (Tuesday) morning.
The incident in Church Road, Emneth saw hedges uprooted and wheelie bins destroyed by a vehicle said by witnesses to have been driving fast.
Reg Bowyer, who raised the alarm with police after discovering his wheelie bin in pieces, said: “I heard a loud bang, it sounded as if an explosive had gone off. When I went out to have a look there were bins strewn everywhere, and a couple of bushes from people’s gardens lying in the road.
“The vehicle had gone flying past, I didn’t see it but I heard it. I reported it to the police and they came out to investigate.”
A spokesman for Norfolk police said: “We were called at about 10.04am. It looks as if a lot of damaged was caused to bins, verges and gardens. We are treating it as a failed to stop collision as we have not been able to locate the driver or the vehicle - they have driven off and we are currently investigating.
You may also want to watch:
“If anyone has any information, about the vehicle or witnessed the incident we would ask them to contact us on 101.”
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines