Driver killed in three vehicle crash on the A47 on Friday named
- Credit: Archant
THE man who died in a three vehicle crash on the A47 at Thorney Toll on Friday afternoon has been named as Sukhdeep Johal.
The collision happened at about 4.30pm and involved two cars and a lorry.
The 27 year old, of Welford Road, Leicester, who was driving a blue Peugeot 206, suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene.
The driver of a green Jaguar X Type Saloon, a 29-year-old woman from Peterborough, received minor injuries and the driver of the lorry, a 56-year-old man from Wisbech, was not injured.
Magpas Helimedix air ambulance was called and treated Mr Johal who had suffered what doctors described as a “traumatic cardiac arrest”.
You may also want to watch:
A Magpas spokesman said: “Our team provided him with advanced life support whilst working alongside an East of England Ambulance Service crew.
“Sadly despite all their best efforts the patient was pronounced dead at the scene. Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time,”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash.
PC Simon Burgin said: “I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or saw any of the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Burgin on 101.