Drivers escape unhurt after A10 ditch crash
- Credit: Google Maps
Two drivers escaped serious injury after a crash caused one vehicle to enter a ditch off the A10.
Cambridgeshire Police were called to the A10 Ely Road, Chittering just before 7.30am today (Wednesday) after the crash, which blocked the road to motorists.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesperson said: “We were called at 7.27am today with reports of a collision southbound on Ely Road, Chittering involving two cars.
“One vehicle had ended up in a ditch as a result, but there were no reported injuries.
“As a result of the collision there was queuing traffic in the area.”
The drivers of a blue Peugeot car and a white Volkswagen Caddy van were unharmed following the crash and police later reopened the road.
The spokesperson added: “There are no details on the ages and genders of those involved.
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 5 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 8 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
"The earlier accident has now been cleared, although traffic queues may take a while to clear.”