Crash on A141 caused by 'medical issue'
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A driver was taken to hospital after a crash on the A141 at Wimblington last night (Wednesday).
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to the Isle of Ely Way where one person was released from the car.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesperson said “a medical issue” caused the crash.
The spokesperson added: “The driver was taken to Peterborough City Hospital by ambulance and no other vehicle was involved.”
Crews from Chatteris and March fire stations were also called to the scene.
A spokesperson for Chatteris fire station said: “The crews arrived on scene to find one car involved with the driver of the car still trapped inside.
“Crews worked quickly and effectively, alongside the police and ambulance service to release the casualty from the vehicle.
- 1 A1 Northbound shut due to overturned lorry near Peterborough
- 2 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 3 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 4 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 8 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 9 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
“The casualty was released by the fire crews and conveyed to hospital by the ambulance service."