Driver tests positive for a cocktail of drugs, including cocaine and ketamine, after crashing his car in a police chase
- Credit: Archant
A man who tested positive for a cocktail of drugs crashed his car following a police chase through the Fens.
The 20 year old tested positive for cocaine, benzoylecgonine - a breakdown derivative of cocaine, ketamine and MDMA
Police chased the man, who was driving a black Vauxhall Astra, when he failed to stop.
The driver crashed the car on the B1040 in Bury, near Ramsey, and decamped, however he was located nearby a short while later.
A road-side drugs test showed positive for cocaine and the driver, a 20-year-old man from Ramsey, was arrested.
On Saturday (September 10) he was charged with four counts of driving while under the influence of drugs, driving without insurance, driving without a licence and failing to stop for police.
He has been bailed to return to Peterborough Magistrates’ Court on September 28.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body