Driver tests positive for a cocktail of drugs, including cocaine and ketamine, after crashing his car in a police chase
- Credit: Archant
A man who tested positive for a cocktail of drugs crashed his car following a police chase through the Fens.
The 20 year old tested positive for cocaine, benzoylecgonine - a breakdown derivative of cocaine, ketamine and MDMA
Police chased the man, who was driving a black Vauxhall Astra, when he failed to stop.
The driver crashed the car on the B1040 in Bury, near Ramsey, and decamped, however he was located nearby a short while later.
A road-side drugs test showed positive for cocaine and the driver, a 20-year-old man from Ramsey, was arrested.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday (September 10) he was charged with four counts of driving while under the influence of drugs, driving without insurance, driving without a licence and failing to stop for police.
He has been bailed to return to Peterborough Magistrates’ Court on September 28.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital