Driver who died in A142 Mepal crash named
- Credit: Archant
The driver killed in a collision on the A142 at Mepal on Friday has been named.
Mark Berridge, 48, of Houghton Road, Grantham, died on the A142 between the Block Fen and Sutton roundabouts.
At about 8.50am, the Tipper HGV being driven by Mark collided with another Tipper HGV, driven by a 48-year-old man from Stamford.
The man suffered slight injuries and was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital but was released after treatment.
Two other vehicles were involved – a grey BMW 318, driven by a 42-year-old woman from March and a red Vauxhall Corsa, driven by a 34-year-old woman from Peterborough. Neither of the drivers were injured.
You may also want to watch:
PC John Blood said: “I would like to hear from anyone who was travelling on this part of the A142 and witnessed any of the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident or saw the collision.”
Anyone with information should contact the roads policing unit on 101.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire