Police find two people meeting at 3am to ‘fit car stereo’ despite UK lockdown announcement
- Credit: Archant
Two people were caught “meeting up to fit a car stereo” in the Fens at around 3am despite Boris Johnson’s UK lockdown announcement.
Police officers found the pair at 2.50am at Block Fen Drove, Chatteris on Tuesday, March 24 after everyone was ordered to stay at home by the Government.
Due to the ongoing wide-spread coronavirus pandemic, Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced people should only leave their homes if essential.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Stay at home, it’s not difficult. Boris Johnson placed the UK in “lockdown” with a number of conditions.
“Yet officers on patrol at 2.50am, hours after the announcement from the PM, find two vehicles on Block Fen Drove, Chatteris.
You may also want to watch:
“Meeting up to fit a car stereo is not essential, and for both drivers to drive to the location with just a provisional driving licence and No insurance is just as bad.
“We seized both vehicles, both drivers were reported and both taken home.”
To get the latest coronavirus news from Cambridgeshire and Fenland, join our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/CambridgeshireCoronavirusNews
Have you been affected by the wide-spread COVID-19 outbreak? Tell us your story, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens