Delays expected around Wisbech as repair work is carried out along A47
- Credit: Archant
Motorists have been told to expect delays while a series of road repairs are carried out along the A47 around King’s Lynn and Wisbech.
Work to repair and resurface sections of the A47 between Guyhirn and Wisbech will take place on Friday, May 18 and Monday, May 21 between 8pm and 6am on each night.
There will be a closure of the A47 between Guyhirn/Ring’s End roundabout and Elm High Road /A47 roundabout.
A diversion of the A16, A151, A17, A1101 before re-joining the A47 at the Elm High Road roundabout will be in place and clearly signposted.
Work to repair and resurface sections of the A47 at Wisbech, between the Redmoor Lane roundabout and Elm High Road roundabout will take place on Wednesday, May 16 and Thursday, May 17 between 8pm and 6am on each night.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a closure of the A47 between Redmoor Lane roundabout and Elm High Road roundabout. A diversion of the B198, Weasenham Lane and the A110 before re-joining the A47 at the Elm High Road roundabout and will be in place and clearly signposted.
Work to resurface, install road studs and lining on the A47 at King’s Lynn between Saddlebow Interchange and the Hardwick roundabout will take place from Thursday, May 17 for approximately one week.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
An eastbound closure of the A47 between these two points will be in place between 8pm and 6am on weekdays. A clearly signed diversion route via the A149 and A148 will be in place.
A westbound closure between these two points will be in place between 8pm and 6am on weekdays from Friday, May 18, with the same diversion route being used in reverse.
Work will also take place to survey the road surface on the A47 at Middleton between Station Road, Middleton and East Winch Road, which starts on Monday, May 14.
It will last three nights, with working hours of 8pm to 6am. A full closure of the road in both directions will be in place during these works.
A clearly signed diversion will be in place via A122 Swaffham Road, A10 and A47 at Kings Lynn.
For live travel updates, see our online traffic map.