Drop in support for carers across Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
Free drop-in sessions have been organised to provide help and advice to adults with ongoing care needs.
Adult social care staff from disability services and the carers support team have set up the sessions, which will run at venues across the county between now and Christmas.
The events provide free and confidential information and advice to adults living with a long-term illness or disability, older people struggling with an age-related condition and anyone providing unpaid support to adult family members or friends who could not manage without this help.
Drop in information sessions take place at the following venues:
* Ely Library – 10am to 1pm on October 16, November 20 and December 18.
You may also want to watch:
* March Library – 10am to 1pm on October 8, November 12 and December 10.
* Wisbech Library – 1pm to 4pm on October 7, November 3 and December 2.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 10 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
Each informal session will have a speaker, an opportunity to book a one-to-one advice session and/a carers assessment, to share information and experiences with others, or to talk in confidence to staff members.
Course programmes have been organised at the following venues:
* Wisbech Library – October 7. Information on how to find the right support
* March Library – October 8. Legal information about Power of Attorney, Wills and Trusts
* Ely Library – October 16.. Medicines Management
* Wisbech Library – November 3. Information from the British Red Cross
* March Library – November 12. Assistive Technology to improve daily life
* Ely Library November 20. Village Benefits Service
* Wisbech Library December 2. Creative crafts for Christmas
* March Library December 10. Creative crafts for Christmas
* Ely Library December 18. Creative crafts for Christmas
More information about the events is available on www.cambridgeshire.net (search for Adult Support Drop-in) or by emailing CarersSupportTeam@cambridgeshire.gov.uk.