Drug dealer caught red-handed at Club Q in March jailed for four years
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer who was caught red-handed at a nightclub in March with ecstasy, cocaine and cannabis has been jailed for four years.
Sean Turton, 28, was seen dealing drugs on September 1 2018 at Club Q in High Street, and searched by security, who found three sealed bags of cannabis.
When police arrived they found a further three pots of cannabis and £85 cash and arrested him.
While getting Turton into the back of the police van, a small bag containing seven-and-a-half tablets of ecstasy fell out of his pocket.
He was taken to the Police Investigation Centre in Kings Lynn where a further nine wraps of cocaine, four wraps of ecstasy and 17 ecstasy tablets were found during a strip search.
You may also want to watch:
Police searched his flat in Lincoln Road, Peterborough, and found weighing scales, a box containing more than 30 grams of ecstasy, a small amount of cannabis and small plastic bags.
The drugs seized were estimated to be worth up to £2,500.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
Turton was jailed at Peterborough Crown Court on Friday (August 9) after pleading guilty to two counts of possession of a class A drug with intent to supply and possession of a class B drug with intent to supply.
DC Peter Hume said: "Turton had a substantial amount of drugs and was readily selling them on the streets of Cambridgeshire.
"However, thanks to the alertness of the security at the nightclub we have been able to bring yet another drug dealer to justice."
If you suspect somebody is involved in drug dealing, report this online at https://www.cambs.police.uk/report/ or call 101.
Always call 999 in an emergency.