Drug dealer caught with cocaine in his car in Whittlesey jailed
- Credit: Archant
A DRUG dealer who was caught in Whittlesey with cocaine worth more than £1,000 in his car has been jailed for 44 months.
Stephen Bird, 48, of Nursery Road, St Neots, pleaded guilty to possessing cocaine and driving while disqualified following a trial at Peterborough Crown Court.
Mr Bird’s Lexus was stopped by police as he was pulling away from an address in Oldfield Gardens, Whittlesey, on May 17, last year.
Officers searched the car and found cocaine hidden inside a can of lighter fluid, cash, a roll of plastic bags and electronic scales.
Two mobile phones were also discovered which contained a number of text messages relating to drug deals.
You may also want to watch:
PC Katie Jackson said: “Officers had been on their way to carry out a warrant at the address but stopped the Lexus which was pulling out of the driveway.
“There was a huge amount of evidence inside the vehicle to show Bird was dealing cocaine and we’re pleased he has now been brought to justice.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
A 35-year-old man who was a passenger in the car pleaded guilty to possession of cocaine, possession of cannabis and being concerned in the supply of cannabis.
He was cleared of possessing cocaine with intent to supply.
He was sentenced to 14 months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years.
A total of £580 which was seized from the men was also ordered to be forfeited.