Drug dealer jailed following chance find by officers in Bluntisham
- Credit: Archant
A man who conspired to steal drugs and firearms from a pensioner, who was running a cannabis factory in Bluntisham, has been jailed.
Louis Collin, 24, went to Lanegale Nurseries on reconnaissance on October 12 2016. The following day at about 6.30am the man in his 70s was assaulted and £43,000 worth of cannabis and two firearms were stolen from him.
Later that morning at about 10.30am officers were conducting a warrant at a property in Thistle Green, Swavesey, for an unrelated matter when they discovered 4kg of cannabis, firearms and ammunition.
Collin was arrested at the scene and his home address in Wheatley Crescent, Bluntisham, was later searched. Officers discovered psychoactive substances, MDMA worth up to £460 and cocaine worth £2,250 at the property.
On Monday at Cambridge Crown Court, Collin pleaded guilty to conspiracy to rob, as well as possession of cannabis, cocaine, MDMA and a psychoactive substance with intent to supply. He was sentenced to four years and eight months in prison.
You may also want to watch:
Last year Kevin Hands, 41, of Thistle Green, was jailed for five years for robbery and possession of cannabis with intent to supply relating to the same incident. Stanley Chase, 72, of Needingworth Road, was jailed for three years for cultivating cannabis.
Detective Constable Mark Joslin said: “Drugs cause misery and devastation to the lives of people in our county. We will do all we can to bring people like Collin to justice.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government