Drug dealer spotted by police in Ely swallowed more than 130 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine in bid to hide them
- Credit: Archant
A LONDON drug dealer spotted by police in Ely swallowed more than 130 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine in a bid to hide them.
Thaimloll Conteh, 25, of Cropley Street, London, was spotted by officers on patrol in Market Street, Ely, on April 29.
He was acting suspiciously, was in the company of a known drug dealer and initially gave a false name, so the officers searched him and seized several mobile phones and £300 in cash. He could also not explain why he was in Ely.
Their suspicions raised he was arrested and taken in for questioning. He was strip-searched but no drugs were found, however an x-ray revealed he had a number of packages in his stomach.
He was admitted to hospital and 139 packages of drugs were eventually recovered.
You may also want to watch:
At Peterborough Crown Court on Tuesday he pleaded guilty to possessing heroin and crack cocaine with intent to supply. The drugs had a street value of between £1,730 and £2,780.
He was jailed for four-and-a-half years.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Detective Inspector Donna Wass said: “Conteh is a known drug dealer and had arrived in Ely for the sole purpose of dealing illicit drugs.
“He lied to officers but eventually came clean and admitted to hiding the drugs.
“Conteh must have thought Ely would be a safe place for him to deal, but we will not tolerate the use and supply of drugs in Ely.
“We will continue to target anyone involved in such criminality and put them before the courts.”