Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- Credit: Policing Fenland
A large Class B drug factory was uncovered inside a Cambridgeshire home following a property search by British Gas.
Using a ‘Rights of Entry Warrant’ for electricity operators, British Gas, along with police officers from March and Wisbech, entered the home in Westry.
Police say inquiries are “ongoing” following the shocking discovery on Friday morning (May 7).
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Officers attended a property in Westry to assist British Gas with a Rights of Entry Warrant - Electricity Operator.
“On forcing entry into the address, a cannabis factory was found.
“Both neighbourhood teams from March and Wisbech attended. Inquiries are ongoing into this incident.”
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 6 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday