Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- Credit: Policing Fenland
A large Class B drug factory was uncovered inside a Cambridgeshire home following a property search by British Gas.
Using a ‘Rights of Entry Warrant’ for electricity operators, British Gas, along with police officers from March and Wisbech, entered the home in Westry.
Police say inquiries are “ongoing” following the shocking discovery on Friday morning (May 7).
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Officers attended a property in Westry to assist British Gas with a Rights of Entry Warrant - Electricity Operator.
“On forcing entry into the address, a cannabis factory was found.
You may also want to watch:
“Both neighbourhood teams from March and Wisbech attended. Inquiries are ongoing into this incident.”
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden