Suspected drug-driver arrested during early hours of the morning in March also found in possession of drugs
- Credit: Twitter/@FenCops
A Cambridgeshire man has been arrested after he was found in possession and under the influence of drugs.
The unnamed 49-year-old from Peterborough was discovered in his car in Graysmoor Drove in March during the early hours of Sunday, October 20.
Officers came across the man and arrested him on scene following a Section 23 misuse of drugs search where drugs were found inside his grey Ford Focus.
The driver also failed a roadside drugs test by Drug Wipe and was taken in on suspicion of driving while under the influence of drugs and two counts of possessing class B/C drugs.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Drug driver arrested in March after officers on patrol came across him.
You may also want to watch:
"Section 23 misuse of drug searches also carried out and drugs found in the vehicle. Driver failed the Drug Wipe UK enquires are ongoing.
"A 49-year-old man was arrested in the early hours of October 20 on suspicion of driving while under the influence of drugs and two counts of possessing a class B or C drug.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
"He has been released on police bail until November 5."