Torched stolen car leads to discovery of stolen generator, another car and cannabis
- Credit: Twitter/@FenCops
A torched stolen car led Fenland police officers to the discovery of another stolen car, a stolen generator and two class B drug grows.
Rural officers, along with south Cambs cops, located the stolen vehicles and equipment in Chatteris after discovering the fire on Monday, June 8.
An investigation has been launched and no arrests have been made after the “rather nasty smelling” plants were found.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Our rural and south Cambs cops were kept on their toes recovering a stolen vehicle in Chatteris.
“One stolen vehicle led them to another stolen vehicle, a stolen generator and two cannabis grows, one smelling rather nasty.
You may also want to watch:
“We located a stolen vehicle in Chatteris on June 8.
“While in the area we also discovered the suspected stolen generator, burnt out vehicle and the cannabis grows.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
“No arrests have been made and the investigation is pending further lines of enquiry.”