Drugs haul handed into police after being found in Wisbech hedge
A BAG rammed full of cannabis and cocaine was handed into police after being found in a hedge in Wisbech.
The woman, who wishes to remain unnamed, spotted a man hiding the bag on Monday September 20. She was shocked to discover that the carrier bag contained the massive drugs haul and headed straight to Wisbech police station to hand it in to officers.
Most of the drugs had already been divided up for street deals.
Inspector Andy Sullivan said: “We have thanked the woman who discovered this stash for her great public spiritedness.
“It is always positive when drugs are taken off the streets.
You may also want to watch:
“We are grateful for any assistance the public can give us to tackle crime and identify offenders.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile