Drugs haul handed into police after being found in Wisbech hedge
A BAG rammed full of cannabis and cocaine was handed into police after being found in a hedge in Wisbech.
The woman, who wishes to remain unnamed, spotted a man hiding the bag on Monday September 20. She was shocked to discover that the carrier bag contained the massive drugs haul and headed straight to Wisbech police station to hand it in to officers.
Most of the drugs had already been divided up for street deals.
Inspector Andy Sullivan said: “We have thanked the woman who discovered this stash for her great public spiritedness.
“It is always positive when drugs are taken off the streets.
You may also want to watch:
“We are grateful for any assistance the public can give us to tackle crime and identify offenders.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s