Drugs haul handed into police after being found in Wisbech hedge
A BAG rammed full of cannabis and cocaine was handed into police after being found in a hedge in Wisbech.
The woman, who wishes to remain unnamed, spotted a man hiding the bag on Monday September 20. She was shocked to discover that the carrier bag contained the massive drugs haul and headed straight to Wisbech police station to hand it in to officers.
Most of the drugs had already been divided up for street deals.
Inspector Andy Sullivan said: “We have thanked the woman who discovered this stash for her great public spiritedness.
“It is always positive when drugs are taken off the streets.
“We are grateful for any assistance the public can give us to tackle crime and identify offenders.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 7 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Man who died in St Neots crash is named