Duck in the middle with you: Whittlesey goes quackers to promote Jubilee fundraiser
SHOPPERS thought they’d gone quackers on Friday as a five-foot duck marched through the streets of Whittlesey.
Jacquie Baldrey dressed up in the costume to provide a walking advert for the Whittlesey Diamond Jubilee Fundraising Duck Race.
Mrs Baldrey, who is a member of the town council’s Diamond Jubilee committee, said: “I have taken to this like a duck to water.
“Whatever people say about it, it will just be water off a duck’s back.”
The duck race will take place on May 7, starting at 2pm from The Hero of Aliwal pub, in Ramsey Road.
Ducks are priced at �1 each and all money raised will go towards the Diamond Jubilee Fun Day, which will take place at the Manor Leisure Centre on June 4.
Tickets are available from the town council office, Grosvenor House, Wrights, Inspirations and Jones Butchers.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 9 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push
- 10 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers