Duck in the middle with you: Whittlesey goes quackers to promote Jubilee fundraiser
SHOPPERS thought they’d gone quackers on Friday as a five-foot duck marched through the streets of Whittlesey.
Jacquie Baldrey dressed up in the costume to provide a walking advert for the Whittlesey Diamond Jubilee Fundraising Duck Race.
Mrs Baldrey, who is a member of the town council’s Diamond Jubilee committee, said: “I have taken to this like a duck to water.
“Whatever people say about it, it will just be water off a duck’s back.”
The duck race will take place on May 7, starting at 2pm from The Hero of Aliwal pub, in Ramsey Road.
You may also want to watch:
Ducks are priced at �1 each and all money raised will go towards the Diamond Jubilee Fun Day, which will take place at the Manor Leisure Centre on June 4.
Tickets are available from the town council office, Grosvenor House, Wrights, Inspirations and Jones Butchers.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November