‘So disrespectful and lazy’: Cream sofa found dumped in ditch
- Credit: Helen Greenleaves
An angry resident has slammed “disrespectful and lazy” fly-tippers after a cream sofa was found abandoned in a muddy Fenland ditch.
Pictures show the snow-covered couch half submerged in muddy water in a ditch along Upwell Road in March on Wednesday (February 10).
Some on social media joked the settee looked like a “Fenland style log flume” and compared it to the “rubber dinghy rapids”.
Helen Greenleaves, who reported her discovery to Fenland District Council, said: “This is how some idiot has decided to help with Fen drainage issues.
“I hope they find out who you are and make you do community service clearing up other people’s waste.
You may also want to watch:
“If you can get your sofa and chair to a field and manage to tip it in a ditch, surely you could take it to the tip - and no they won’t charge you for household waste.”
One resident said: “It makes me angry too - it’s just so disrespectful and lazy.”
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 6 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 7 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 8 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 9 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 10 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
“This is a common sight down Coleseed Road,” added another.
“These idiots think is a dumping ground for bricks, loads of tyres, caravans and lots of black bin bags.”