‘So disrespectful and lazy’: Cream sofa found dumped in ditch
- Credit: Helen Greenleaves
An angry resident has slammed “disrespectful and lazy” fly-tippers after a cream sofa was found abandoned in a muddy Fenland ditch.
Pictures show the snow-covered couch half submerged in muddy water in a ditch along Upwell Road in March on Wednesday (February 10).
Some on social media joked the settee looked like a “Fenland style log flume” and compared it to the “rubber dinghy rapids”.
Helen Greenleaves, who reported her discovery to Fenland District Council, said: “This is how some idiot has decided to help with Fen drainage issues.
“I hope they find out who you are and make you do community service clearing up other people’s waste.
You may also want to watch:
“If you can get your sofa and chair to a field and manage to tip it in a ditch, surely you could take it to the tip - and no they won’t charge you for household waste.”
One resident said: “It makes me angry too - it’s just so disrespectful and lazy.”
- 1 Rail travel in the Fens is going to be much nicer
- 2 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 3 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 4 Two cars – including Range Rover – stolen overnight in keyless thefts
- 5 Nine years jail for paedophile who 'manipulated and exploited' teenage girls
- 6 'We can't stand still' - co-chairman on taking Whittlesey to next level
- 7 Motorist escapes serious injury after Sixteen Foot Bank crash
- 8 Man hospitalised with serious injuries after industrial accident
- 9 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 10 Creative student inspired by grandfather pens first novel
“This is a common sight down Coleseed Road,” added another.
“These idiots think is a dumping ground for bricks, loads of tyres, caravans and lots of black bin bags.”