‘So disrespectful and lazy’: Cream sofa found dumped in ditch
- Credit: Helen Greenleaves
An angry resident has slammed “disrespectful and lazy” fly-tippers after a cream sofa was found abandoned in a muddy Fenland ditch.
Pictures show the snow-covered couch half submerged in muddy water in a ditch along Upwell Road in March on Wednesday (February 10).
Some on social media joked the settee looked like a “Fenland style log flume” and compared it to the “rubber dinghy rapids”.
Helen Greenleaves, who reported her discovery to Fenland District Council, said: “This is how some idiot has decided to help with Fen drainage issues.
“I hope they find out who you are and make you do community service clearing up other people’s waste.
“If you can get your sofa and chair to a field and manage to tip it in a ditch, surely you could take it to the tip - and no they won’t charge you for household waste.”
One resident said: “It makes me angry too - it’s just so disrespectful and lazy.”
- 1 Man assaulted partner and police officers in March
- 2 Man repeatedly stabbed nine-year-old boy in 'random attack'
- 3 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 4 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 5 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 6 Shoplifters 'dragged security guard across floor'
- 7 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 8 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 9 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
“This is a common sight down Coleseed Road,” added another.
“These idiots think is a dumping ground for bricks, loads of tyres, caravans and lots of black bin bags.”