‘So disrespectful and lazy’: Cream sofa found dumped in ditch
- Credit: Helen Greenleaves
An angry resident has slammed “disrespectful and lazy” fly-tippers after a cream sofa was found abandoned in a muddy Fenland ditch.
Pictures show the snow-covered couch half submerged in muddy water in a ditch along Upwell Road in March on Wednesday (February 10).
Some on social media joked the settee looked like a “Fenland style log flume” and compared it to the “rubber dinghy rapids”.
Helen Greenleaves, who reported her discovery to Fenland District Council, said: “This is how some idiot has decided to help with Fen drainage issues.
“I hope they find out who you are and make you do community service clearing up other people’s waste.
You may also want to watch:
“If you can get your sofa and chair to a field and manage to tip it in a ditch, surely you could take it to the tip - and no they won’t charge you for household waste.”
One resident said: “It makes me angry too - it’s just so disrespectful and lazy.”
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 7 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
“This is a common sight down Coleseed Road,” added another.
“These idiots think is a dumping ground for bricks, loads of tyres, caravans and lots of black bin bags.”