Duo from BBC1s The Voice take to the stage for Manor Fest
- Credit: Archant
A DUO who showcased their talent on BBC’s The Voice will be among the bands appearing at a music festival at Whittlesey.
The Voice duo top the line-up of bands at ManorFest ad will be among ten live bands on the bill for ManorFest, the big music and beer festival being staged at the Manor leisure centre in Whittlesey on Saturday, August 31.
They include Purple Zeppelin, the highly regarded tribute band to rock legends Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin, and De’Vide, the duo who were picked as one of Jessie J’s team on the recent series of The Voice.
The festival will also feature dance and circus workshops, skate coaching, parkour (free running) demonstrations and a graffiti artist. There will also be plenty of food stalls and a bar stocked with a range of beers from Oakham Ales.
Councillor Pop Jolley, Fenland District Council’s portfolio holder responsible for leisure, said: “This promises to be a really fantastic event. The Manor has proved itself to be a terrific venue and we’ve managed to put together a great mix of music and other entertainment to round off the summer holidays. It’s something that we hope will attract people not just from all over Fenland but from much further afield as well.”
You may also want to watch:
Other bands in the line-up are: James Edmonds, Symptom, New Generation Crash and Burn, Richard McMahon, The Various Artists, Supreme Show, Jessie’s Ghost and On The Ceiling.
Gates will open at the Manor at 1pm, with entertainment continuing throughout the afternoon and evening, culminating with De’Vide taking to the stage at around 10pm. The bar will remain open until 11pm.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
Tickets are now on sale and available from any of FDC’s four leisure centres. If bought in advance, they cost £7 per adult, £5 per junior (under 18) and £20 per family ticket (2 adults, 2 children).
On the day, they will be £7.50 per adult, £5.50 per junior and £22 per family ticket.