Early starter for Peterborough as thousands welcome �20million Primark store
THOUSANDS poured into Peterborough today as Primark opened in Queensgate
The centre opened early with a host of giveaways.
Primark will be one of the largest stores in Queensgate, showcased over two floors taking up a total of 60,000 sq ft.
Started in early 2011, the Primark project constitutes one of the biggest developments ever seen at Queensgate.
As one of only two shopping centres in the UK to boast both John Lewis and Primark in its offering, shoppers will be able to benefit from a truly diverse range of stores from true value through to the more luxurious.
You may also want to watch:
Other stores have recently arrived in the centre including Office Shoes, Fat Face, Superdry, and the UK’s very first BANK pop-up store, in addition to further investment by existing retailers Topshop, Jessops, Leslie Davis and Claire’s Accessories.
Also, popular Italian eatery, Carluccio’s is due to arrive this winter, further enhancing to the centre’s burgeoning food and drink offer.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Sam Eastwood, centre director at Queensgate, said: “We are absolutely thrilled to announce the official launch date of Primark. Following over a year of planning and significant investment, it is fantastic to see all the hard work pay off and the store open its doors just in time for Christmas.
“As a centre, we always take an extremely considered approach to our retail strategy and strive to truly give shoppers what they want by offering an exciting, wholly enjoyable retail experience. We are confident the arrival of this popular retail giant will further strengthen our unique and extensive offer, placing us firmly on the map as the number one shopping destination in the region.”