Early starter for Peterborough as thousands welcome �20million Primark store
THOUSANDS poured into Peterborough today as Primark opened in Queensgate
The centre opened early with a host of giveaways.
Primark will be one of the largest stores in Queensgate, showcased over two floors taking up a total of 60,000 sq ft.
Started in early 2011, the Primark project constitutes one of the biggest developments ever seen at Queensgate.
As one of only two shopping centres in the UK to boast both John Lewis and Primark in its offering, shoppers will be able to benefit from a truly diverse range of stores from true value through to the more luxurious.
Other stores have recently arrived in the centre including Office Shoes, Fat Face, Superdry, and the UK’s very first BANK pop-up store, in addition to further investment by existing retailers Topshop, Jessops, Leslie Davis and Claire’s Accessories.
Also, popular Italian eatery, Carluccio’s is due to arrive this winter, further enhancing to the centre’s burgeoning food and drink offer.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 5 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 6 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 7 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 8 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
Sam Eastwood, centre director at Queensgate, said: “We are absolutely thrilled to announce the official launch date of Primark. Following over a year of planning and significant investment, it is fantastic to see all the hard work pay off and the store open its doors just in time for Christmas.
“As a centre, we always take an extremely considered approach to our retail strategy and strive to truly give shoppers what they want by offering an exciting, wholly enjoyable retail experience. We are confident the arrival of this popular retail giant will further strengthen our unique and extensive offer, placing us firmly on the map as the number one shopping destination in the region.”