Early starter for Peterborough as thousands welcome �20million Primark store
THOUSANDS poured into Peterborough today as Primark opened in Queensgate
The centre opened early with a host of giveaways.
Primark will be one of the largest stores in Queensgate, showcased over two floors taking up a total of 60,000 sq ft.
Started in early 2011, the Primark project constitutes one of the biggest developments ever seen at Queensgate.
As one of only two shopping centres in the UK to boast both John Lewis and Primark in its offering, shoppers will be able to benefit from a truly diverse range of stores from true value through to the more luxurious.
Other stores have recently arrived in the centre including Office Shoes, Fat Face, Superdry, and the UK’s very first BANK pop-up store, in addition to further investment by existing retailers Topshop, Jessops, Leslie Davis and Claire’s Accessories.
Also, popular Italian eatery, Carluccio’s is due to arrive this winter, further enhancing to the centre’s burgeoning food and drink offer.
- 1 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 2 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 3 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 4 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 5 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 9 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
Sam Eastwood, centre director at Queensgate, said: “We are absolutely thrilled to announce the official launch date of Primark. Following over a year of planning and significant investment, it is fantastic to see all the hard work pay off and the store open its doors just in time for Christmas.
“As a centre, we always take an extremely considered approach to our retail strategy and strive to truly give shoppers what they want by offering an exciting, wholly enjoyable retail experience. We are confident the arrival of this popular retail giant will further strengthen our unique and extensive offer, placing us firmly on the map as the number one shopping destination in the region.”