AS founder of the Bankruptcy Association, set up 24 years ago to provide independent advice to people in debt and facing bankruptcy, as I am appalled by the current proliferation of debt management companies and so called free debt advice services that
AS founder of the Bankruptcy Association, set up 24 years ago to provide independent advice to people in debt and facing bankruptcy, as I am appalled by the current proliferation of debt management companies and so called 'free debt advice' services that are bundling people into unsuitable voluntary arrangements that provide incredibly high fees for those companies that promote them.
Individual voluntary arrangements - known as IVAs - often fail and become painful bankruptcies.
Due to the vast expansion of the easy availability of credit in the UK hundreds of thousands of people now have debt repayments due that they cannot repay each year. In addition thousands of businesses fail each year. Our Association can help all these people deal with their problems in a straightforward sensible manner.
Details of our publications and our Association can be seen at our website at www.theba.org.uk or we can be contacted at our telephone number on 01524 782713.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 9 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films