East meets West when Hot Mikado comes to Ely Maltings
- Credit: Archant
SPINE tingling music, vibrant costumes and impressive choreography are promised when Ely’s Campaign Amateur Theatre take to the stage later this month to perform Hot Mikado.
Based on Gilbert and Sullivan’s The Mikado, this show comes with a twist, and is a story of love and temptation, set in the beautiful Japanese town of Titipu.
The Hot Mikado is a fast -paced comedy that combines the aesthetics of traditional Japanese culture and art with the swinging, toe - tapping sounds of 1940’s America, incorporating rock, blues and gospel.
Director Becky Green said “Our show is an East meets West celebration of Japanese and American culture that will leave audiences wanting more!”
The show, under the musical direction of Richard Hayward, will be performed at Ely Maltings from June 27-29.
You may also want to watch:
Performances are at 7.30pm each day, with a matinee at 2pm on Saturday June 29.
Tickets cost £10 and can be purchased from Burrows Bookshop, Ely, 1353 669759 or online at:www.cately.ticketsource.co.uk
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town