East of England Air Ambulance says it will be able to attend more incidents after Budget grant pays for helicopter
- Credit: Archant
The East Anglian Air Ambulance will get another helicopter thanks to a Budget boost.
A one-off grant, from the LIBOR Fines Fund (levied on banks manipulating the London Interbank Offered Rate financial benchmark), will help fund a second new EC145T2 helicopter, to be based in Norwich Airport.
The new helicopter, which is larger and quicker, should be in service early next year. It will enable the charity to attend more incidents.
EAAA chief executive Patrick Peal, said: “We are enormously grateful for this one-off grant from the treasury that will help fund a second EC145T2 helicopter which will greatly enhance the lifesaving service we provide for local people.
“Our grant application to the Chancellor received cross-party support from all our Norfolk MPs. I would, however, like to say a special thank you to Chloe Smith MP and Henry Bellingham MP, both of whom worked closely with EAAA to secure this result.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bellingham said: “I am delighted with this announcement by the Chancellor, because this really will be a big boost to the East Anglian Air Ambulance which does such a superb job serving our communities and constituents.
“It is also very fitting that those people who behaved totally unethically in certain banks are making their recompense to society.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
For more information on the work of the East Anglian Air Ambulance, visit www.eaaa.org.uk or call 01223 403600