Easter fayre helps young footballers
- Credit: Archant
An Easter fayre raised £282 as part of a money raising mission to fund a sports tournament trip to Holland for young village footballers.
The event, at the sports and social club, had crafts, a bouncy castle, face painting, glitter tattoos , tombola, chocolate raffle and refreshments.
Natalie Clark, whose son plays with the team, said: “It will be the second time a team from Leverington have been to Holland for the tournament.
“Last year the Dutch team came to us and we hosted them here with a mass sleep over for everyone in the village hall.
“There is also a trip to Butlin’s at the end of April so the more fund raising we can do to help the boys the better.”
You may also want to watch:
Previously she has arranged a Halloween disco and a clairvoyant evening which brought in a total of £468 for the team.
- 1 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash