Easter market draws crowds at Chatteris garden centre
- Credit: Archant
IT WAS sunny side up when people turned out for a day of crafts and activities at an Easter market.
Hosted at the Oaks Garden Centre in Chatteris, scores of people braved the freezing bank holiday temperatures to enjoy speciality cheeses, beers from around the world, jewellery, fine art, crafts and a digger driver competition.
The centre, which was recently revamped with the help of BBC’s retail guru Alex Polizzi in her TV programme, The Fixer, was a hive of activity.
David White, who helps run Oaks, said: “It was really successful with around 30 stalls with a good range of products on offer.
“We were so pleased to see people turn out in the cold to enjoy the day - it has really got the new-look Oaks rolling.”
You may also want to watch:
During the market money was raised for a children’s cancer charity.
Proceeds will go towards providing pets for the garden centre’s children’s club.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November