Ed Sheeran clothing to be auctioned on eBay to raise money for East Anglian Children’s Hospices
- Credit: Archant
Clothing worn by Ed Sheeran is to be auctioned off to raise money for children’s charity East Anglian Children’s Hospices.
There are 70 items worn by the music megastar including a T-shirt he wore for a magazine photoshoot in 2012 and tops he has been pictured in alongside fellow musician Taylor Swift, plus a tour T-shirt with signed postcard.
Ed, 26, has been an EACH Ambassador since 2014 and helped the charity, which cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions and supports their families, bring in thousands of pounds.
He has also paid a visit to EACH’s Treehouse hospice in Ipswich, which is close to his family home in Framlingham.
Jason High, EACH eBay manager, said: “The money we’re able to raise from auctioning Ed’s clothes is invaluable to us.
You may also want to watch:
“We have eBay customers from all over the world taking part, which helps us get the maximum amount possible.
“I’d like to make special mention to Brandbank, which kindly took the professional pictures of Ed’s clothes that you see on our eBay store.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
The clothes will be auctioned in phases on eBay, with 20 items for sale from today until April 2.
Another 20 are available between March 30 and April 9 with 15 on offer between April 6 and April 16.
A final 15 are up for grabs between April 13 and April 23.
Each phase will start and finish at around 6pm.
This auction comes just four months after another that featured the Burberry suit jacket Ed wore to the 2013 Grammy Awards. It and more than 100 other items of clothing raised £8,060.
Following that, in November, Ed made his hotly-anticipated return to music by performing exclusively for EACH at a gala dinner in London’s Natural History Museum.
He has since gone on to release his third studio album, ÷, which has broken all manner of records.
• To bid on the items visit EACH auction page and click on the view items link to eBay.
• EACH support families and care for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk.
• The charity has three hospices at Milton (Cambridge), Quidenham (Norfolk) and The Treehouse (Ipswich).
• They have specialist nursing care, symptom management support, short breaks, wellbeing activities, therapies and counselling for the whole family.
• EACH rely on voluntary donations for the majority of its income and each year needs to raise more than £5 million from fundraising and £2.5 million from shops. They also need to raise £10 million to develop hospice services in Norfolk, including a new hospice.