Eddies group in March puts on spectacular summer show
- Credit: Archant
A group for people with learning disabilities put on a spectacular summer show at March Town Hall.
Members practised hard for weeks in the run up to Eddies Fenland Artworks performance of Summer Holiday, which thrilled an appreciative audience.
The cast performed a series of scenes including travelling on a bus, swimming in the sea and having fun on the beach.
The audience sang along to hits such as Here comes the Sun, In the Summertime, Those Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer and Cliff Richard’s Summer Holiday.
The production was directed by Alan Hooks, of Anglian Players, who volunteers at Eddies and, along with many other volunteers, form part of an invaluable support team.
You may also want to watch:
Eddies provides people with learning disabilities an opportunity to enjoy arts, crafts, drama and music.
Free taster sessions are offered. For more information call Deb on 01354 655487 or drop in at Artworks on a Monday or Tuesday between 10am and 3pm at 88 High Street, March.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 8 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire