Principal says staff and students ‘responded superbly’
- Credit: Ely College
Ely College principal Simon Warburton says students and staff “responded superbly” to the challenges of the past two years.
Mr Warburton said: “I am immensely proud of our students and staff who have responded superbly to the challenges of the last two years.”
He was speaking following the release of GCSE and BTEC exams.
“The results reflect the hard work, commitment and determination our students have displayed during their five years at Ely,” he said.
“We should all be very proud of their achievements.
You may also want to watch:
The principal added: “I also want to say a huge thank you to our amazing staff.
“They have continued to guide and inspire our students during this challenging time despite having to cope with the anxieties that a global pandemic presents to them and their families.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
“The successes of our college, the experiences that we value, would not have been possible without their constant support and dedication.”