Pupils take to the dance floor to raise £500 for Children in Need
- Credit: Peckover Primary School
Students slipped on their dancing shoes and donned their finest fancy dress to raise over £500 for this year’s Children in Need campaign.
Pupils and staff at Peckover Primary School in Wisbech held the fundraising event on November 19.
Kate Kendal, principal of Peckover Primary School, said: “We are so proud to have raised such an incredible amount.”
Pupils arrived in fancy dress or other non-uniform, before they were joined by school and nursery staff during the afternoon to perform ‘By Your Side’ by Tom Grennan and Calvin Harris.
The school also held a cake sale and created a giant version of Pudsey bear with one and two pence coins.
“It was amazing to see our students, staff and community come together and show such enthusiasm to support other children across the UK,” said Ms Kendal.
Vice-principal Esther Fletcher, who co-ordinated the event, added: “The response from parents and staff has been brilliant.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 6 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 7 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
“I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has donated and supported the event; we are extremely grateful.”