Languages week brings ‘splash of colour’ to the classroom
- Credit: Thomas Clarkson Academy
Staff at a Wisbech school brought a real ‘splash of colour’ to the classroom when they marked languages week in style.
With team members from across the globe at Thomas Clarkson Academy (TCA) there was no shortage of colourful costumes as they ‘literally wore the world’.
European Day of Languages fell on Sunday September 26, making it the perfect opportunity for staff to celebrate either their home or favourite country by wearing something special on Monday (September 27).
French teacher, Chynna Willows, said: “Here at TCA we are proud of the range of cultures and languages our students and staff bring.
“We planned activities throughout the week to expand the theme and encourage the wider school community to be part of the celebration.”
You may also want to watch:
Students took part in language challenges throughout the five days including a quiz to test their knowledge of some of the 225 languages spoken in Europe alone.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire