Showcase status for Academy
- Credit: The Thomas Clarkson Academy
A Wisbech Academy has been awarded showcase status by technology giant Microsoft.
The Thomas Clarkson Academy is among a ‘prestigious’ group of schools around the world to be awarded.
It is one of around 50 in the country which exemplify the best of teaching among an elite group recognised by Microsoft for commitment and attainment in preparing students for the future.
“The school had to clear several hurdles to receive its accreditation," said director of digital technology, Dr Trevor Jones.
"This included demonstrating the use of Microsoft solutions within innovative technology."
You may also want to watch:
"It will ensure students have the skills needed in future workplaces."
The award is shared with the wider community which supports the academy in its aspirations.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
Parents and friends donated a range of devices to the academy during the pandemic, ensuring everyone had the access they needed whilst lessons were remote.